The Best News Source About Television Stations in the Southeastern U.S.

Archive for the ‘Moving On’ Category

Lafayette Morning Anchor Calls It Quits After 20 Years

In ABC, Lafayette, Leaving the Biz, Louisiana, Moving On on June 10, 2012 at 10:27 am

Tom Voinche (Courtesy: KATC)

After a twenty-year legacy with ABC affiliate KATC in Lafayette, La., anchor Tom Voinche announced last week he will retire from the station.

In an article published on KATC.com, Voinche looked back on his legacy.

Read the rest of this entry »

Advertisements

News Director Out at Mississippi Station?

In CBS, Columbus-Tupelo-West Point-Houston, Mississippi, Moving On on April 4, 2012 at 9:49 am

Russ Geller (Courtesy: Twitter)

It’s usually not a vote of confidence when a job posting is listed for someone still working at a television station.

And while that happens at stations across the U.S. anyway because news directors need to fill that position before a reporter’s contract runs out, it usually doesn’t happen to the man in charge.

Read the rest of this entry »

Montgomery Sports Director Leaving WNCF

In ABC, Alabama, Montgomery-Selma, Moving On on March 1, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Adam Bagni (Courtesy: WNCF)

WNCF sports director/anchor Adam Bagni will not be re-signing, despite being offered a contract extension from the Montgomery ABC affiliate.

In a staff email obtained by Montgomery TV and Radio, a local blog, Bagni says it’s not a decision he took lightly, but added the decision was in his best interest.

From the blog:

“As great as everyone has been to be in Montgomery, I just feel like it’s time to move on. I’ve accomplished pretty much everything I can at ABC 32 – two national championships, sports director, awards – I just feel like it’s time to fully devote myself to what’s next,” he said.

At this time, he is not sure where he will end up next. “It’s always a bit scary when you don’t know what your future holds, but it’s time to close this chapter of my life and move on to what’s next,” Bagni said.

Bagni had been with ABC 32 since February 2008. Though he’s leaving, he says he’s not leaving the business. Stay tuned.

WFTV Reporter Gears Up for Philly Move

In ABC, Florida, Moving On, Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne on February 16, 2011 at 8:05 am

Kenneth Moton (Courtesy: WFTV)

A reporter from Orlando is moving up the broadcast ladder, leaving Orlando for Philadelphia in late March, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

ABC affiliate WFTV told the newspaper about Kenneth Moton’s future plans earlier this week.

From the Sentinel:

In an e-mail, Moton wrote, “WFTV has been such a great experience. I’ve worked hard, the station has invested in me, and the team at Channel 9 is one of the best in the business. I’m thankful for Bob Jordan and this station for taking a chance on me four years ago. I’m going to miss Central Florida and its great weather!”

Moton will be working at WPVI, the ABC affiliate in Philly. As he said, Moton was a reporter at WFTV for four years.

WLOX: Statewide Jackson Reporter Leaves for Vegas

In ABC, Biloxi-Gulfport, Jackson, Mississippi, Moving On, NBC on February 15, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Ashley Conroy (Courtesy: WLBT)

A tipster from  WLOX, ABC affiliate from the Biloxi-Gulfport, Miss. market, tells us that statewide reporter Ashley Conroy will be leaving to pursue a job in Las Vegas.

The person, who asked to be kept anonymous, says Conroy’s last day was today.

She was hired by WLBT-TV, the NBC affiliate in Jackson, in December 2009, according to her station bio.  Her reports were used statewide by WLOX and five other stations.

According to the email forwarded to South TV News, WLBT is already looking for a replacement.

A job posting for statewide reporter on WLBT’s website confirms the forwarded news tip.

As for where Conroy goes from here, the email says she’s headed back to her hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada, but doesn’t indicate what she’s going to be doing there.

Conroy covered stories of statewide interest for the NBC affiliate and several other stations.

Got more details? Let us know!

KATV News Director Leaves; Third Station Exec to Quit in Less Than a Month

In ABC, Arkansas, Little Rock-Pine Bluff, Moving On on February 5, 2011 at 8:00 am

KATV

News director Randy Dixon says he’s moving on after 31 years with the Little Rock-Pine Bluff ABC affiliate.

He told the Arkansas Times the move was something he’d been thinking about “for a long time.”

The Arkansas industry news site ArkansasBusiness.com reported earlier this week that Dixon was not the first; KATV’s assistant news director and chief engineer also left this year.
Read the rest of this entry »